Saturday, September 1, 2012

PCOS Awareness Month

September is PCOS Awareness month. PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Nory over at Fierce Makeup and Nails asked if anyone would like to participate in doing a teal mani to show our support for PCOS Awareness month. 
Most of you don't know that I was actually tested to see if I had PCOS about a year ago, thankfully I do not but it was very scary to think that it could be a possibility. So, of course this mani was right up my alley and I had to show my support.




This mani ended up turning out better than I had imagined! For each nail there is actually a meaning behind the design.

For the thumb I chose to do the teal ribbon by using some loose glitter I had. The thumb represents the ribbon and the support that this cause has.

For my index finger I have two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and I stamped using BM-201 with Butter London Slapper (the perfect teal might I add). My middle finger is the same colors but opposite. I chose this stamp because I know that PCOS can be a struggle for women and they may encounter quite a few bumpy roads that are forever changing.

My ring finger is a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and a loose glitter gradient of teal glitter. This represents how hopefully, the women with POCS, their symptoms can slowly fade.

My pinkie finger is a base of Butter London Slapper with a coat of Nicole by OPI Somebody Teal Love. This finger represents the light, or shimmer in this case, at the end of the battle against PCOS.

You can also check out Nory's post along with her personal story here!

For more information about PCOS, please visit any of these links:
http://www.pcoschallenge.com/ - Support System to help women with PCOS

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - Symptoms 


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! I love meaning behind every nail. This means a lot thank you so much for your support this mani is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mani and even better cause to support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully! And such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mani!! Great job and way to show your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great design, and I love the meanings you chose to convey. Fabulous job, and I love your ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love this mani! I too have PCOS and I am loving all of the awareness posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Taylor, I love the mix and match of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from pcos, I have suffered from pcos since the year 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the pain during my menstrual period until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including pcos, at first i doubted if it we be able to cure me, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from pcos just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from fibroid you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete